RHS Leadership Mentor Information
What is a WASFAA RHS Leadership Development mentor?
Incentive or what’s in it for me?
- Continue to expand your professional network and connect regularly with other leaders who serve as WASFAA Mentors.
- Recognized as a trainer/coach for WASFAA
- Serve as a presenter/panelist at a training session for WASFAA
- Guaranteed win to help someone in our profession to become a leader
- Minimum one academic year.
- Connect with your selected emerging leader once every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Meet with other mentors every 6 weeks
What is expected
- Be a supportive coach/mentor to an emerging leader.
- Be a safe haven for a colleague and provide a confidential ear and shared problem solving.
- Meet initially with your designated emerging leader at WASFAA JRS MLI or via ZOOM.
- Offer resources and training to each emerging leader (e.g.books by Brené Brown or John C. Maxwell, NASFAA's You're the Director - Now What?, etc)
- Each month/6 weeks discuss a topic relevant to the emerging leader e.g., keeping up staff morale, communication, budget issues, human resources – furloughs, layoffs, hiring freezes, etc.
- Every 6 months assess your emerging leader's needs to assist and define the topics for the next six months
- End of academic year review the program and provide feedback to WASFAA leadership.
We are currently accepting applications (requires a current WASFAA Membership and log in) from seasoned leaders to serve as mentors for this program.